Consider these steps moving forward into 2016
- Invest in quality time with the people you care about. It’s not just the time spent with friends and family that matters; it’s how you spend it. Share what’s going on your life, carve out time to talk and enjoy each other’s company.
- Lose weight & exercise more. Less than five percent of adults receive 30 minutes of exercise that is recommended daily. Take the steps necessary to get back into shape. This might be right outside your door. Check out your local fitness opportunities in your area, and make the start today.
- Eat Healthy. Eating healthy seems to go hand-in-hand with the overall "get fit" theme. Melbourne suburbs are filled with farmer's markets who stock fresh & locally-grown fruits and vegetables. Go vegetarian for most of the week. Look for healthier dining options to keep your goals (and your appetite) satisfied. Get on the bandwagon and cut down on sugar.
- Get more Sleep. What difference could an extra hour of sleep make in your life? Maybe quite a lot. Studies show that the gap between getting just enough sleep and getting too little sleep may affect your health, your mood, your weight, and even your sex life. All particularly important when it comes to your overall wellbeing
- Quit Smoking. Smoking ages the skin, harms health, restricts oxygen to the brain and causes cancer. But you know that already... so maybe it's time to quit smoking today.
- Quit Drinking - or cut down. Drink in moderation can be good for the body, to relax you. Red wine in small amounts has been shown to be good for the heart. Just make sure you're in charge of it, and not the other way round.
- Spend less & save more - Maintain a tight grip on your spending, and buy those things that are going to be generative rather than draining. Ask yourself on the major spending decisions: is this thing I'm buying now an investment? Will it pay me back time and again? If so, then that's a pretty good reason to go for it!
- Step up or Step Down Social Media Activity – If you have been out of touch with your pals and peers, social media would help you get back to the grove. But if your virtual life is affecting your personal life, it is time you remedied that.
- Get Organised – have a sense of direction and what you want to achieve this year, but dont waste hours chasing organisational perfection. Why not start with the question: what do I want to get organised for?.
- Learn Something New - opening your mind to new ideas and new ways of thinking will open doorways to further possibilities. Training, discovering, learning and acquiring new skills will give you greater competency and flexibility in the year ahead. – Through my experience with NLP every area of my life, my career, my relationships, personal well-being, and overall life enjoyment has been transformed and improved as a result of my NLP training – Deb.
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
About the Author
Debra established Enhance Solutions along with a business partner in 2004. Her vision was to offer a service which addressed complex issues such as enterprise risk management, workplace health and safety and learning and change in a fun and practical manner. A key emphasis was on partnership 'with' rather than expert 'to'.